Who doesn’t love a good key lime pie? It’s by far one of our favorite desserts, and guests love it! We wanted to share this quick and easy recipe with you all. Here is a video tutorial:
- Graham crackers (14)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Crust preparation – Preheat oven to 350. Crush graham crackers in a large bowl using your hands. Melt butter and coconut oil together. Pour over crushed graham crackers and mix together. Spread mixture evenly into 9″ pie dish. Bake crust for 12-15 min until crumbs are set. Let cool.
- Pie Filling
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh key lime juice
- Pie Filling Preparation – FIrst of all, invest in a mixer, so you don’t have to do this with a whisk like us. Using a mixer or a whisk, beat egg yolks and condensed milk in a large bowl until doubled in size. Add in lime juice and salt, mix together. Pour into cooled pie crust. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until filling no longer jiggles.
- Whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dark rum (We used Sailor Jerry’s)
- Whipped topping preparation – Add whipped cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Whip until peaks form. Whisk in yogurt and rum. Spread whipped topping onto cooled pie. Garnish with key limes.
As always, thanks for reading! If you like these videos please share them with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, etc! We appreciate all the love and support!